Insta-week #5 (fashionably late)Monday, April 9 2012
1. Face Paints: The perfect dressing table backstage at Fashion East. If MAC would only accept to sponsor my life as it does James Long’s show, I could probably look as good as Samantha Brick.
2. Retro Swag: Breakfast in the park with the boy looking uncharacteristically fashionable. Dude, stop trying to steal my thunder! (Embankment Cafe).
3. French Editor Uniform: Emmanuelle Alt and Geraldine Saglio living up to the cliché that all French women dress alike – albeit with style (The Northern Light).
4. Matchy Matchy: Falling in love with a floral suit, which unfortunately will have to stay at the bottom of my closet until the sun finally decides to show its face again (shirt, shorts and heels Zara).
5. Dress rehearsal: In an unforseen turn of events, I managed to plan an outfit for the first time ‘the night before’ – which was perhaps due to its minimalist nature (outfit post here).
6. Final Walk: Models strut down the runway at Fashion East Catwalk for LFW AW 2012/13 at Topshop Venue. Wowed by the strong florals and sophisticated bodysuits.
7. Copycat: Deciding that I too will be adopting the French Editor Uniform as seen above in the form of these boots to be paired with white skinnies and a blazer (Alexander Wang boots, The Blonde Salad).
8. A bicyclette: Apparently bikes are the new bag, and every fashionista is getting her own. Anything that helps the planet is a trend that I support. On my wishlist. (photo source unknown).
9. Ecletic readings: Fashion, fashion and more fashion through the eyes of a few of my favourite publications. (Topshop edited dressing room, Oxford Street)
10. Low cut: Finally getting the chance to wear my incredible backless leather dress on our 3 year anniversary. This one deserves its own outfit post. Watch this space. (Theyskens’ Theory dress).
11. Big hair: Richly sequinned and embellished quilted bomber jackets and silk shirts, topped off by dynamic, backcombed hairdoes at James Long. (Backstage, Fashion East).
12. White Leather: Or another Phillip Lim creation that I feel my wardrobe is lacking in order to achieve true happiness.
Follow me on Instagram: ID @camtyox